There’s a full programme of festivals throughout the year, with something for everyone.
- Aberdovey Festival of Food (August) – local producers and restaurants display their wares
- Machynlleth Festival (August) - a week of concerts, talks and masterclasses with leading exponents of Welsh choral singing, classical chamber music and jazz. Most of the events are in the grand surroundings of the Tabernacl, with its fine acoustics and galleried seating.
- Machynlleth Comedy Festival – a favourite of performers and audiences alike. Booking in advance is highly recommended!
- Wales African Film Festival – the Lantern Cinema is invariably a venue for this festival.
- Wales Festival of Architecture – venues vary every year, but usually include Aberystwyth and the Centre of Alternative Technology